Pink Fire Pointer Shop With Love With us: Occupy Valentine's Day!

----

Occupy Valentine's Day!



Valentine's Day is just around the corner, and there are cheezy, painful velvet-flocked reminders everywhere you look. You can't turn on the radio or walk into the grocery store without being bombarded with red candles, chocolates, heart shaped fuzzy furry things or teddy bears. Ugh. 

It's easy to be cynical about "luv".

Because it's hard to surrender to "love."

Love. That rare, fleeting moment we feel in those times of absolute timelessness, absolute up to the neck plunge in the deep unknown of the now.  

Love. The momentary lapse of all reason when I am so overwhelmed with open acceptance that I forget I hate smokers and I fall head over heels in love with the Marlboro man. Even kissing him tastes good. And I ask myself, as I come up for air, and remember, "Oh no, he smokes." How did I get here? 

So occupy yourself this Valentine's Day. Love yourself. Surrender to accepting who you are. Burn through your labels, your barriers, your distrust and fear. After all, someone's got to love you. It might as well be yourself.

And maybe, just maybe, he'll fall in love with the girl who hates smokers too.